Upon completion, the new terminal at ANC will include:
- 11 power-through hardstands and four push-back hardstands for the largest cargo freighters
- Modern warehouse with ability to provide full customs clearance and first port of entry at ANC, allowing overseas cargo to arrive at its destination faster
- LEED- and WELL-certified office space
- First facility in Alaska to recover and recycle deicing fluid, which currently flows into the Cook Inlet
- Ground service equipment facility with electric charging
- Onsite childcare facility for employees in response to the shortage of affordable childcare in Anchorage
NorthLink's terminal will address the need for new cargo infrastructure to support the continued growth of ANC, the third-busiest cargo airport in the world. Furthermore, NorthLink plans to work with stakeholders at ANC to ensure that deicing fluid used at ANC is recovered and recycled, protecting neighboring waterbodies and improving the sustainability profile of one of the most strategic airports in the United States. NorthLink's terminal will also accelerate the delivery of e-commerce packages to customers in Alaska and the Lower 48.